Let’s make Paella! Or my cheating version of Paella, anyway.
Gather your ingredients… Remember: I NEVER measure or follow a recipe as given, so make do where you have to!
- 1+ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- onion, finely chopped
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 link chorizo sausage (about 4 oz) casing removed
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2+ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- frozen peas
1. Shake chicken in bag with salt, pepper and flour. Use PAM and a swirl of evoo to coat pan, cook chicken until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
2. Same pan – Saute onion and garlic. Add chorizo, crumbled, cook about 4 minutes. Add rice and fry for a few mins, keep stirring so it doesn’t burn. Add broth, tomatoes. Bring to a boil, add chicken, cover, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is done.
3. Remove from heat, stir in peas, cover and let stand until peas are heated through, about 5 minutes.
Serve with chopped spanish olives, lemon wedges, and sour cream thinned with chicken both AND a chilada style beer!
Pretty damn good!